Monday, January 3, 2011

Sugar Town Sweeties!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

So, this is just a drop in blog post to say, I have these wonderful, beautiful  adopted little sisters in my life who I, admittedly, ache because of how much I miss them. They've got a huge part of my heart, and over new years weekend, I got a chance to talk to them, wish them a happy new year, and then clap with glee when I found out that they were busy at home in their kitchen cooking and baking from scratch! So I promised them a blog post because I am so proud of them! Kit Kat and Beanie? This one's all for you!!

Behold, cupcakes made by Ellie ( age 7)
(photo credit: Ellie)




and Mac and Cheese made by Katie ( age 11)
(Photo credit: Katie)

I'm going to see if they would mind sharing their recipes and I'll get back to you all on that ;)

and in other HUGE news, as of tomorrow morning, I, Jamie, the self proclaimed mayor of Sugar Town, can officially say my baked goods are on sale! I was able to work out a deal with my boss to sell the famed and sought after Sugar Town Coffee Cake in our cafe.  If you're out there, in and around TriBeCa, stop by the Downtown Community Center and buy a piece of delicious coffee cake! All the profits from our cafe go to funding our after school and young family programs :)

Stay tuned for a new recipe this friday! think Syrup. and more sugar.

,mmmm...

2 comments:

  1. I wish I were in the area so I could show my support! What an excellent cause and I wouldn't want to be rude and miss out on coffee cake!

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to stop on by the next time in that area! I would love to support you and I would definitely love a piece of that Coffee Cake :)

    ReplyDelete